What is a Chiller ?
A "chiller," for our purpose, is a refrigeration system that cools water. Air conditioners and dehumidifiers condition the air while a chiller, using the same refrigerating operations, cools water, oil, or some other fluid. This chilled solution can be used to cool a wide range of operations. To see a chiller system layout and the step by step path of the cooling cycle - CLICK HERE for the Chiller Refrigeration Cycle.
A few of the most common process chiller application examples:
1. The Plastics Industry - Cooling the hot plastic that is injected, blown, extruded or stamped. (There are other types.)
2. The Printing Industry - Cooling warm rollers due to friction and ovens curing the ink, along with ultraviolet lamps also for curing purposes.
3. The Medical Industry - MRI systems - The hospital MRI units need to be cooled to operate properly.
4. The HVAC industry - Large scale air-conditioning systems pump this chilled water to coils in specific areas of, lets say, a high rise building. The air handling systems for each area open and close the water flow through it specific area keeping the air of the rooms at a desired temperature.
5. The Laser Cutting Industry - Technology has created machines that can cut out very specific steel products with the precise use of a laser cutting machine. These lasers run at very high temperatures and must be cooled to run properly.
Chiller Warranty Service- Click here for details
Professional Refrigeration Troubleshooter
The first hands on Chiller/HVAC/R troubleshooting handbook is out in publication. This is a must have book for you and your service technicians. It will save you time and money along with passing on the vast knowledge of 60 years experience.
This page was last updated on January 1, 2013
Click on any of the following hyper linked topics - especially if your browser does not support the java navigation bar above.
Chiller technical support for, plastics chillers, printing chillers, oem chillers, MRI chillers, laser chillers, air dryers,, hvac chillers
Chiller sales for,, chiller rental, used process chillers 2-20 ton, used process chillers 25-80 ton, used chillers 90-350 ton, rental chiller 8-80 ton, rental chiler 100-400 tons
About John C Schaub Inc,, chiller service, rates and hours, geographic chiller service regions, customer references
What is a chiller, chiller refrigeration cycle, chiller tonnage equations, chiller tonnage design parameters, size a chiller, chiller sizing
Chiller antifreeze info,, dowtherm, dowfrost, freezepoint mixture, chiller phone support, chiller water treatment, chiller water flow rates, emergency chiller service
This site was created and maintained by Jack Schaub
|Any inquiries please E-mail the Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|John C. Schaub Inc. (On line 11/96) 23 Adams Street Mt. Laurel NJ 08054 phone 856-235-2120 fx 856-235-7033|